My Ride Broke Down in the Sahara

by 9:15 PM - Saturday, March 12, 2016 1 comments

                        

So far it has been 6 months or so since I first cam to Egypt. I have learnt a decent amount of Arabic these past months and I noticed that Arabic is a language that can never be truly mastered. There is always more to learn. Anyways.. we had a field trip a couple days ago! We went to the Giza Pyramids and rode ATV's there. It was a great time and the view was so amazing, words cannot describe how much. There we had races together and the sand always hit me in the eye, that was the only unfortunate thing. So when we were riding around, my engine started stuttering and stopped. I started it back up and continued. This happened a couple times or so until it stopped working altogether. I was somewhat disappointed, but fortunately I rode another ATV instead of the broken one.

  But there has been one thing that I have been noticing a lot.. That is that not everyone is Muslim. There are Christians, Jewish, and Muslim in Egypt. Like a big mixing pot. But the thing is that the Christians are Arab! Which makes me think that not all Arabs are Muslim, which is a common idea nowadays..

       Since learning a new language gets hard, at break I go to the top of our school and get fresh air there and relax. It has a great view from there. Picture is down below!



View From the ATV
View of the Pyramids
With Friends
Riding
Picture I Took From the Top of our School

1 comment:

  1. If you'd wear your glasses your ATV ride would be more enjoyable.. Even though you are in overseas you should always listen your parents :))
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete