Using environment

by 8:19 PM - Saturday, March 12, 2016 0 comments



I want to first start off by saying that learning a new language is way harder than I thought. Especially a language as rich as arabic. However I could see that it would be even harder if the right preparations were not made. What are these preparations? From my observations I can say that the environment in which we chose to learn arabic, has a huge impact on our progression. 

I say this because everything around us is arabic. The people speak arabic, the signs are arabic, and all the radio and television channels are arabic. It's like the environment is forcing you to learn. Imagine an arabic class were you and your classmates are learning arabic. Then when you go out of class you still have to speak arabic to go anywhere or buy anything since the country speak arabic. I say that even though it might seem difficult and frustrating this is a great way to improve and practice.

 Now imagine the opposite. You are in an arabic class with classmates trying to learn arabic. However out of class you enter a different world, a world that everyone speaks english and you do not use what you have learned in class. That's what would have happened if we had decided to study arabic in America, and believe me it would take a very long time for us to learn the language even if we were determined. So overall the fact that the environment forces us to practice what we learn in class triples are learning speed and we would not have it any other way.

By: Hayreddin Kalac


0 comments:

Post a Comment