Poverty

by 6:14 PM - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 0 comments
 

There are many rich countries in the world but unfortunately Egypt isn't one of them. There are rich people in Egypt but there are also many poor people. There are villas of the rich but there are also the ruins of the poor.

Twenty six percent of Egypt right now is in poverty. That is close to the poverty rate in America despite America being way bigger. Forty nine percent of Egypt cannot provide the basic food needs. The reason is because the salary of an average person earns around one hundred dollars per month but the cost of living is very high. This wage is very low when compared to the average salary of an American.

In Egypt I always see poor people everywhere. These people don't have anything. They don't have homes, good clothes or food. Poor people in Egypt tend to beg more than the poor in America. Next to my school there is a poor lady and her baby who don't let you leave until you have given them money. Sometimes even if you don't have money they don't let go. Once I was walking in the street and a little poor girl took my juice. I let her have it but I wasn’t used to having someone just take it of my hand. Hopefully things will change for the better in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment