Getting a Visa

by 8:40 PM - Sunday, May 29, 2016 0 comments
 

After my entrance visa’s time expired I needed to go an get a tourist visa. To get a visa in Egypt you need to go to the government building in freedom square. This is where the protests happened in January 25.
  
Me and a friend went there on Saturday. We took a bus to the metro then with the metro to the freedom square. The square was full of police and solders. Every street leading to the square has guards and there is armored cars every corner. The inside of the building is also filled with officers.
  
Before you enter they check your bags and you go through a metal detector. The inside is really crowded. You could find people of any race in the building. The visas are given in the second floor. So after printing copies of our passports and papers we made our way to the second floor.

The second floor of the building without doubt is the most crowded place i have been in all my life. Everybody is trying to squeeze in and nobody cares who they bump in to. There is no line.

First we bought our stamps and then gave them to the place we were spouse to. They told us to come back at 1.00 PM eating we prayed and went back to get our passports.

My friend had done this procedure many times so he advice me to bush my way as far as possible and when they sah my name to say “aywa”. So i went up to the window and there was about 20 25 men. I squeezed my way in as much as I could and waited for my name. After few minutes the woman lifted my passport up and said Esad. As I am supposed to I said “aywa” and every one said too to inform the woman I was present. Then a man grabbed my arm and pulled me to the front and the woman gave me the my passport. After that I was happy to get out of there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment